Skip to main content

Welcome 2019

Another year has passed and a new year is upon us.

2018 was tough with challenges but I learned a lot and in the end it turned out great. During the year I tried some different events and I really enjoyed them, they are definitely on my 2019 race schedule. I also worked 3 jobs and that took its toll on my racing but I now know what I can handle and have better plans for my 2019 year. I had some good race results but I am planning on improving with the help of my coach Andrew Watson of AWI Coaching.

I have to thank all of my 2018 sponsors for supporting me through everything!


Lauf Forks,
Frog Cycles,
AWI Coaching,
Colour and Code, 
Glass Eagle Studios,
Pro Home Solutions,
Sir Sam's Ski & Ride,
Integrity Construction,
Todd's Independent Grocer,

I hope to continue working with all of these great sponsors in the near future. I will be on the hunt for new sponsors for this year, as it will be an exciting one.

For 2019 I am lining up some new events that I am very excited for and I can't wait to get the race schedule finished. My schedule will be online very soon for everyone to see! I have many plans in the works with my racing and in everyday life so I am hoping that 2019 will be the best year yet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lauf Forks in Review

Lauf Trail Racer vs Lauf TR Boost Fork For this blog post I am doing a comparison on two mountain bike forks designed and manufactured by Lauf Forks. I am going be reviewing the TR Boost and Trail Racer, they are both great forks and I am going to discuss what the pros and cons are. The first thing that I noticed when I started to ride the TR Boost is that it is one of the stiffest forks that I have ever ridden. Compared to the Trail Racer the Boost fork has better responsiveness in corners and responds to what you want to do immediately. The Trail Racer isn't as stiff laterally as the TR Boost is and you will notice that when you are cornering hard there might be a bit of flex in the Trail Racer compared to none with the TR Boost. The 60mm of travel is the same for both forks so you wont notice any difference with your suspension. Compared to the Lauf Trail Racer which uses a standard 100mm thru axle the Lauf Boost uses a 110mm thru axle. When I received the TR Boost fo

XC Marathon #3

It was the third consecutive weekend of racing and I was at the Northhumberland Forest for XC Marathon #3. The Northhumberland forest marathon has been my favorite race ever since I started racing in the Ontario Marathon series. The trail's are all ways super fast and in great shape. As always the event was very well organized by Dan Marshall of Substance Projects. Today's marathon was 70km in length and I noticed some tough competition on the starting line. It was awesome to be able to chat with friends before the race and on the start line, it definitely helps with race jitters. The race buzzer went off and we all blasted away from the start. It was a bit tight at the start but then everyone got lined out and 4 of us went out and gained a big lead on the rest of the group. About 5km in I had to back off the high pace so I didn't burn myself out. Once I dropped back a bit I got together with another group and we rode the rest of the first lap together. On the second lap I