Skip to main content

What's in Store for 2018?

Well 2018 has arrived and I can't wait for the snow to be gone so I can ride my bike. Over the past few weeks I have been planning my 2018 race season and it looks like it is going to be a very exciting year.

2017 had it's up's and down's as you can read in my previous blog post here:

Going for a run
So lets get right into the excitement of 2018. To start the New Year off I have been on the trainer, hitting the weight's lot's and I am super focused on my training for the next 3 months.


I also will be continuing to work with Andrew Watson of AWI Coaching as my coach. Andrew has been focusing on getting me to my peak performance and making me improve every inch of the way. I have been coached by Andrew Watson for the past 4 years and I can't thank him enough for helping me grow as an athlete and competitor in the sport.


Andrew giving me coaching advice from the sideline

Looking at my race schedule it will be a busy year with some bigger events on the list. The big events that I am gearing for this coming year are,

NUE Mohican 100 mile, Ohio USA**

El Bandito 140 km Gravel Race, Ontario**

Eager Beaver 100 mile Gravel Race, Ontario**

Canadian Marathon Championships, Quebec**

I also will be competing in the Ontario Cup Series and Ontario XC Marathon Series**.
Competing in some new events and locations this season will be very exciting and I can't wait.

My sponsor list keeps growing as I will be bringing some new sponsors on board this year. I am still looking for sponsors to help me with my racing. If you are reading this and are interested in sponsoring me you can contact me thru my social media accounts listed below.

https://www.facebook.com/nickemsleymtb/    https://www.instagram.com/nickemsley/      https://twitter.com/nick_emsley

As the 2018 year gets going and I am planing the season, I can guarantee you it is going to be a fun year. I can't wait for the season to arrive and with that it's time to for me to go train, take care everyone!

** Race Schedule is still in the early stages so it is subjective to change

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Racing at it's Finest

What a fantastic race season it has been so far! The 2019 winter took its time to leave this spring so it made for a late riding season at home. Now that summer is here the riding has been great and I am putting it lots of time on the bikes! The race seen has been lots of fun and I have already completed 7 races on my schedule. I have been feeling strong this year and am very happy with my race performances so far. During the winter I worked many hours and trained a ton. With dedication and hard work you can make big improvements which I am experiencing this year. A big thank you to my coach Andrew Watson of AWI Coaching for helping me achieve better results and my goals in cycling. Here is my completed races and results, Ontario XC Marathon #1 @ Turkey Point Ontario: 13th Place Ontario XC Marathon #2 @ Mansfield Ontario: 3rd Place Ontario Cup #1 @ Woodnewton Ontario: 7th Place Spring Chicken Marathon @ Beachburg Ontario: 4th Place Ontario XC Marathon #3 @ Ganaraska F

Racing season is almost done!

2018 has had it's up's and down's but I have had some great experiences so far. I took a different approach to my racing year as I did not do as many Ontario cup races and instead focused on Marathon racing and having as much fun as possible on the bike. In the Ontario cup series I moved up to the Elite division, it was a great experience since I did one more lap and the competition was a lot tougher. In the marathon racing scene I added some new races to the calendar and had an absolute blast competing in them. One new race for me was the 60km Spring Chicken Marathon held in Beachburg, Ontario.Unfortunately it ended with a DNF due to breaking my derailleur hanger.  I was also back competing in the Ontario XC Marathon series and new to me was the Stuporcross Gravel series, both series are put on by Substance Projects. I did a blog post near the start of the race year about the True Grit gravel frame made by Lauf Forks, my sponsor from Iceland, you can read the artic