Skip to main content

End of Season Report


Me with my bikes and sponsor banner

Well the race season has came to an end and winter is close upon us.

I finished the last two races of the year and now I am full force into training for next year. You can read my latest blog post about the Sausage Suit Individual Time Trial here:

https://nickemsley.blogspot.com/2018/10/sausage-suit-individual-time-trial.html

A week after the SSITT I did an 80km gravel race put on by Substance Projects called the Howeling Coyote. It was around the freezing mark on race day so it was a cold one. Even though it was the shortest gravel race this year it was the hardest in my book. There was endless climbing, and my legs could definitely feel it near the end. After a tough day of pace lining, chasing and riding solo I placed 22nd out of a field of 77 competitors in my division. Overall it was a tough challenge and a great way to end the race season.

The 2018 race year has had some tough points but overall it has been a good learning year. I tried gravel racing which I liked and also did some rides that I have always wanted to. During the racing season I worked a lot and it took its toll on my racing. I did the best I could and as my racing career progress I can't wait to see what new races I will be attending and how my performance increases.

I have to send out a huge thank you to my sponsors who stood behind me this year and supported me. I wouldn't be were I am today in my career without them.

  • Lauf Forks
  • Frog Cycles
  • AWI Coaching
  • Sir Sam's Ski/Ride
  • Integrity Home & Cottage
  • Pro Home Solutions
  • Colour and Code
  • Todd's Independent Grocer
  • Glass Eagle Studios
  • Mom & Dad


Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post and keep tuning in to see what is next for me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ontario Cup #2 / XC Marathon #2

Ontario Cup #2 I am cro s sing the finish line after a very tough race       On May 15th I headed over to Duntroon, Ontario for O-Cup #2. It rained really hard the day before so the event organizer cancelled the pre-ride. The temperature was barely above zero and it snowed early in the morning at the race venue. The snow melted that had fallen on the ground as the day progressed. The sun started to peek out but was hidden by more clouds that held snow and rain. My race was at 1:30:00 in the afternoon so I was able to chat with some racers earlier and get a general concept of what the race course would be like. At the start line I definitely new that it was going to be a hard day on the bike. The start of the race was good but as soon as we all got into the woods it got really bad. There were at least 2 inches of mud on the double track and in the single track it was so bad that we couldn't ride it. All of the Juinor Experts were doing 3 laps and with ev

Ontario XC Marathon Championships

It was a very sunny and hot day when I was down at Kingston for the Ontario Marathon Championships on September 3. It was the 4th race of the Ontario XC Marathon series and I was feeling really good for this event. I was currently leading the XC Marathon Series so I needed to have a good race in order to remain the leader of the series. At the event I had some great competition, my AWI team mate Adam Hill was doing the full marathon as well. He races in the 35 and over division and is leading the the series as well. The race start was at 11:00 and I was on the front row with Adam and other series leaders. The race went off and I lead it out for the first km and then my team mate Adam Hill took the front and led us through the first few single tracks. The first half lap was a very high pace but everything settled down in the second half of the first lap. At about the half way point of the race I was making a fast turn and my jersey caught a sharp point on a pine tree and the entire shou