Skip to main content

5 Weeks Until Race Season

This winter has been a long one and I can't wait for the snow to start melting. With still lots of snow and only 5 weeks until the first race of the year I know it is going to be a crazy spring.

My training over the past 2 months has been good and I am feeling ready to get out and ride especially as I have completed my race schedule. I have made a big leap in the marathon seen as I am going to take on the 24 hour Summer Solstice this year as a Solo competitor. This event will be the biggest and longest race I have ever been apart of so it is a very big deal for me and I am super excited for it.

The rest of this years schedule is very exciting as seen below.

Ontario XC Marathon #1 @ Turkey Point Ontario: April 13th
Ontario XC Marathon #2 @ Mansfield Ontario: April 20th
Ontario Cup #1 @ Woodnewton Ontario: May 5th
Spring Chicken Marathon @ Beachburg Ontario: May 11th
Ontario XC Marathon #3 @ Ganaraska Forest Ontario: May 18th
Ontario Cup #2 @ Albion Hills Ontario: May 26th
Ontario XC Marathon Championships @ Kingston Ontario: June 1st
24 Hour Summer Solstice @ Albion Hills Ontario: June 22nd-23rd
Canadian National Championships @ Hardwood Ski & Bike Ontario: July 20th-21st
Eager Beaver 100 Mile @ Duntroon Ontario: August 10th
El Bandito 140km @ Kendal Ontario: August 24th
Ontario Cup Championships @ Sir Sam's Ski & Ride Ontario: September 8th
Canadian Marathon Championships @ Saint-Felicien Quebec: September 14th
Howling Coyote 80km @ Mono Ontario: September 21st

I am really thrilled for this season and I can't wait for it to start.

I am looking for more sponsors for this race season as it is very expensive to race at such a high level. If you are reading this and are interested in sponsoring me as an athlete please contact me though any of my social media profiles.

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to read my blog posts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ontario Cup #2 / XC Marathon #2

Ontario Cup #2 I am cro s sing the finish line after a very tough race       On May 15th I headed over to Duntroon, Ontario for O-Cup #2. It rained really hard the day before so the event organizer cancelled the pre-ride. The temperature was barely above zero and it snowed early in the morning at the race venue. The snow melted that had fallen on the ground as the day progressed. The sun started to peek out but was hidden by more clouds that held snow and rain. My race was at 1:30:00 in the afternoon so I was able to chat with some racers earlier and get a general concept of what the race course would be like. At the start line I definitely new that it was going to be a hard day on the bike. The start of the race was good but as soon as we all got into the woods it got really bad. There were at least 2 inches of mud on the double track and in the single track it was so bad that we couldn't ride it. All of the Juinor Experts were doing 3 laps and with ev

Ontario XC Marathon Championships

It was a very sunny and hot day when I was down at Kingston for the Ontario Marathon Championships on September 3. It was the 4th race of the Ontario XC Marathon series and I was feeling really good for this event. I was currently leading the XC Marathon Series so I needed to have a good race in order to remain the leader of the series. At the event I had some great competition, my AWI team mate Adam Hill was doing the full marathon as well. He races in the 35 and over division and is leading the the series as well. The race start was at 11:00 and I was on the front row with Adam and other series leaders. The race went off and I lead it out for the first km and then my team mate Adam Hill took the front and led us through the first few single tracks. The first half lap was a very high pace but everything settled down in the second half of the first lap. At about the half way point of the race I was making a fast turn and my jersey caught a sharp point on a pine tree and the entire shou